Do you dip your cookie in milk?


A few nights ago, my lemon meringue pie disappeared, and as a result, I had to go in search of another dessert before calling it a night …  See I don’t believe in skipping dessert without a valid reason. 

My boyfriend got all excited and said it was time for me to try the proper way of eating chocolate chip cookies. But before I go on, here is some background story. I love cookies and I love chocolate, however I am not a big fan of chocolate chip cookies. I know this makes no sense, I can’t explain it, and my boyfriend almost had a meltdown when I broke that news to him, but that’s just the way it is. 

However, being open-minded, I accepted to try his version of chocolate chip cookies. Perhaps he knew something I didn’t. Turns out you gotta dip the cookie in milk and then eat it. 


Again ‘cause I am open-minded, I went for it. I let him dip it - apparently timing is very important - and when he deemed the cookie to be ready, he handed it to me. I was excited. I wanted to like it, I kept the cookie in my mouth for as long as I could take it, but eventually, I did the unthinkable: I spat out the cookie in the garbage can. I hated it. 

Of course my boyfriend was heartbroken but especially perplexed ….How could I not like it?

So in order to make my point, I decided to question a few of my colleagues, thinking they would totally side with me. I mean why would you soak a perfectly crunchy cookie into milk and make it all soggy? 

But my colleagues looked at me like I was the crazy one. One of them in particular was even more intense about the cookies and milk thing than my boyfriend was. 

“ Of course you have to dip it into milk, but it can’t be any cookie. The cookie needs to be able to stand up to the milk. Girth matters." 

Apparently I had to taste Tate's cookies and then I would see the light. 


I did, but unfortunately I did not see the light ... 


She also wanted to know how long he had soaked the cookie. Apparently timing is really a big deal. 

I could go on … but you get my point. I didn't win the argument. 



EAT WELL, TRAVEL OFTEN, TAKE PICTURES 

SARA 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Trop Bon Trop Con

Girl's Trip Complications

About Selfies & Belfies