Horses First, the Rest Later

Obviously, I love traveling. Not only do I travel for work as a fight attendant, but any chance I get to discover a new landscape, a new city, a new culture, I am right there. Nothing is too far or too close. I am always up for some exploring. 

Unfortunately, traveling so much and moving 8 times in the last 10 years has made it hard for me to pursue another of my passion: Horses. It didn’t stop me from riding as much as I could, even in foreign countries, but I was just never able to find that horse sanctuary to go to on the regular like I used to in Tunisia.

But I am glad to say that after three major failed attempts this last weekend, I have finally found happiness at Los Angeles Horseback Riding  in Topanga. 


Pre Trail: Happy Horses 
Post Trail: Happy People

the cutest of all 
Kissy Time 
The Ranch 
The phone number to make a reservation : 818 591 2032 

You can’t just show up, so make sure you book, and yes the policy for refunds is not very flexible, but that’s probably the only way to not end up with 16 people on a single trail with two trail guides who have no clue what they are doing and don’t even notice the idiot in front of me hitting his horse - and yes I said something to him and no, he didn’t appreciate my comment, but I am sure the horse did ... so that’s ok.

So really, whether you live in Cali or are visiting, do yourself a favor and do not book a trail at Palos Verdes Trails ( they advertise around Redondo Beach) or any trail rides in Norco area. Norco was probably a cute little horse town years ago, but the way they manage the horses now was pretty sad ... Save yourself from the hassle I went through researching and driving miles only to be disappointed, Book directly at Los Angeles Horseback Riding  and have a fabulous experience with some beautiful views. And no I don't work there, but I would love to if they were hiring. 

Next time, I will be doing the sunset ride with my hubby. But for now I leave you with these beautiful pictures of my very first trail ride a few days ago with my girlfriend Samantha who was riding Barney, a buckskin dun, and our great trail guide Diego, a 22 year old going to school to learn even more than he already knows about horse, who was riding Piper, a half quarter horse half draft.  And I was riding beautiful Jesse, a grey flea bitten quarter horse.  

Jesse and I 
Jesse and Barney 
Also Samantha and I :-) 
Diego, our trail guide and Piper 
Not just a good trail guide, Diego was a great photographer 
Nice Ears ... and Views -:) 
The views minus the ears ... Which one do you like better? 

Also if you don’t live around Topanga area, I wouldn't let it deter you. My drive was a solid hour but it was totally worth it. And the town of Topanga is a cute little town with cute little shops and a cute cafe called Mimosa Cafe. And yes I used the word cute three times in one sentence. It was too cute not too. Plus, the views driving up to Malibu are not half bad ... 

TOPANGA 
Didn't have time to walk inside the store, but definitely will next time 

Maybe moving to Cali wasn't such a bad idea after all :-) 


EAT WELL, TRAVEL OFTEN, TAKE PICTURES 

SARA 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Trop Bon Trop Con

Girl's Trip Complications

About Selfies & Belfies