Boudoir: the new address for Tunisia's fashionistas

Anytime I say I am from Tunisia, I have to go through the same dance: "Indonesia? Tanzania? Why are you not Black? Where is your burka?" It is exhausting. However there is an upside to all this madness. When I finally draw a map, show pictures of all my non burka girlfriends and cousins and explain what Tunisia is all about, people want to visit. They are impressed by what my tiny little country has to offerPerhaps they also think my girlfriends are hot. 

traditionnal Tunisian outfit: fouta & blouza & no burka

Today it is my turn to be impressed by my own country. While the media is busy focusing on the few women deciding to wear the burka and acting like they are in Saudi Arabia, I am focusing on all the young designers popping up and their beautiful creations inspired by Tunisian tradition.

Check out all these beautiful pieces available at BOUDOIR, a beautiful concept store created by Sarra Kerkeni and located at the Gammarth Carrefour shopping center:










my burka-free cousin Amina Minouch

Don't ask me who created what. There was so much beauty to look at that I got lost, but here is a list of all the talented designer's names and brands that I could remember: Alex et Vero by Alex and Vero, Alisha by Samia Mbarek and Ines Kebaili, All About Lolla by Leila Kefi, Amine Hajri by Amine Hajri, Amulette by Samia Mbarek, Boudoir by Sarra Kerkeni, Delicious by Ines Soula and DS by Dorra Sassi. 

There are in alphabetical order because truly I cannot pick a favorite designer, even though I have to admit I do have a little bit of a weakness for Amulette's clutches: 
I am in love with  her latest animal print pink clutch
 
the designer behind all this beauty: Samia Mbarek 

Alright that's all girls. Enough window shopping, now go shopping at BOUDOIR and share this with all your girlfriends  or keep it to yourself if  you are that kind of girl :-) 

Live, Love, Laugh & Travel

Comments

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Dear Passengers (Part 2)

Trop Bon Trop Con