If you don't use butter, you are not a bakery!

When people say they don't like sweets, it always takes me a second to comprehend how that is possible. I literally could eat candy, ice cream and cake every day, as long as it is the good stuff.

Me surrounded by cake: my dream world -:) 

Magnolia, Momofuku, Dominique Ansel, Dean & Deluca, Once Upon a Tart ... Those are my go-to addresses in New York. 

I could eat this cereal ice cream for breakfast every morning 
They literally have the best apple tart in the World, and yes I have been to France many times 
However none of these spots had the orange cake I needed for my best friend's husband birthday party. So I pulled my resources - Google, Facebook and Instagram - and within a few minutes I had a list of ten bakeries with orange cakes available. 

Unfortunately most bakeries said they couldn't make an orange birthday cake. It was apparently too complicated. Until this one bakery that finally said yes. I was ecstatic and decided to order it on the spot, and that's when things got sticky. 

The employee asked me what color I wanted the frosting to be. And since it was a black and white party, I figured white buttercream frosting with black writing would be perfect. But the bakery was butter free!

"We use cream cheese frosting," she said. 

I thought for a second that I misunderstood her since frosting by definition is sugar and butter. Cream cheese is for bagels. 

"Is there anyway you could make an exception and use buttercream frosting for his cake?" I asked. 
But no exceptions could be made. The bakery was strictly butter free ... And strictly gluten free ... And strictly peanut free ... Her words, not mine ... So basically it was not a bakery 'cause you just cannot call yourself a bakery if you don't use butter. Sorry. I mean how do you even make a cake without butter?

Ok Rant Over .... Well almost ... 

More coming soon so stay tuned -:) 

EAT WELL, TRAVEL OFTEN, TAKE PICTURES 

SARA 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Trop Bon Trop Con

Girl's Trip Complications

About Selfies & Belfies