Dear Passengers (Part 2)

Every time my boyfriend says he is in finance, people just nod their head. No questions, no WOW, nada! Then I say I am a flight attendant and people get excited.


         "That's awesome ..."
"Have you been ... like ... everywhere?" 
" I have always wanted to be a flight attendant ... " 

People are so nice, even impressed, and so respectful of my job. But then they get on a plane and they transform: they don't listen to anything I say, they act up and they seem to think that I make up rules just to annoy them. I promise I don't, none of us flight attendants do, and you don't make the rules either.

So whether you think you have the time to go through customs or not, it is not going to change the fact that you are going to go through customs. It is not optional. So just take the form I am handing out.

Even if you think you are too pretty for following rules ...

And borrow a pen from your neighbor. I know you think I should have a pen for all 300 of you guys, but I can only pack so much in my carry on luggage.

On another note, here is what is optional: cream and sugar when drinking coffee. So dear passenger, when ordering your coffee, please try making one short and sweet sentence instead of keeping me guessing. You can take it with 10 creams and 10 sugars, I won't mind at all, as long as you tell me upfront, but if you tell me "black coffee," and I give you black coffee, there is really no need to look at me as if  I were trying to poison you. I didn't wake up next to you this morning. I don't know how you take your coffee.

Same goes for you who likes ice with your beverage. You either want ice or you don't. It's not a lifetime decision and there is no right or wrong answer. It is an easy yes no question. However, “what would you like to drink” is not a yes no question. It requires a more elaborate answer. I am not asking for a full sentence. I am no even asking you to say "please," but I do need more than just yes. And do not say “Surprise me!” The one and only guy who asked me to surprise him did not seems too thrilled by my surprise. I will let your imagination figure this one out -:)

Now about lunch dear passenger, don't ask me what is better, I don't know. I don't eat plane food. If I did, I wouldn't fit in the aisle anymore. I bring my own salad and fresh vegetables, which is what you are going to get it sir if you order a vegetarian meal. Not chicken or filet mignon or  lobster ... Sorry.

And yes I did run out of meal choices as I said I would during my announcement. I even apologized in advance. But you were not listening - shocking - and now you are mad at me because I obviously purposely gave the last chicken to the row in front of you since I know that you are allergic to the cheese in the pasta. I am a psychic after-all.


Plus I know that you are not really allergic to cheese because you ate the cheese in the snack box I gave you after the pasta "incident" and you are still breathing. Shocking, huh?

EAT WELL, TRAVEL OFTEN, TAKE PICTURES 


SARA 

Comments

  1. Loving this....write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having worked for the airlines for many years I hear you, if I heard "could you carry my bag to the plane" OR " I have always carried it on" once it was all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!! This was funny and super cheeky!! A fun read! I hope more people read this and learn about how to fly politely!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Trop Bon Trop Con