Rude or not?

A few weeks ago, a flight attendant working with me on a flight to India approached me and asked if she could ask me a personal question.

"Sure," I replied.

"Don't get me wrong, you are beautiful," she said.

I remember thinking "wow it is starting really good - what will follow is going to be really bad."

But it wasn't. She noticed I had acne and knew of a treatment to fix it.

I laughed and told her to relax. Why would I be offended? I was thankful, and if you ever had acne, you can relate because you probably tried a million of creams and lotions, which all failed, so even a glimpse of  hope meant something.

And that's exactly what Carmen gave me: HOPE.

However when a stranger approached me yesterday with his business card and said to call him because he had something that would fix my skin, I was a little annoyed.

I felt that it was out of place for a stranger to mention anything about my skin or anything else for that matter.

Am I being too sensitive or was it rude of this stranger to approach me?

Comments

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Dear Passengers (Part 2)

Trop Bon Trop Con