The traveling bride and groom

Ok first off, I am not engaged or planning to elope. At least not yet. This is just me, wondering about life and people's reactions when it comes to wedding planning.
I have been to  many weddings, even been a bridesmaid a couple of times, and I have to say I am pretty lucky. My friends and family all have impeccable taste when it comes to wedding parties. Whether a destination wedding at the beach, a week long celebration Tunisian style, or an intimate French affair, every wedding I have been to has been amazing in its own way. And being a girl, you would think all these weddings would be the perfect inspiration for my own wedding, but nope.
I am not sure why, but it's kind of the opposite. I feel like I just want to elope and go straight onto my honeymoon. But it doesn't mean I don't want to celebrate with all my friends. I just don't want the pressure of figuring out a date that works for everyone. I don't want the pressure of planning it all and having the weather mess it all up. I don't want the pressure of figuring out the right menu, 'cause really there is no menu that will really satisfy me.

See anytime I imagine my wedding, I want a cotton candy stand, and a donut maker, and a popcorn machine ...
But I also want truffled mashed potatoes and dover soles. So basically I want my wedding to feel like a funfair, and at the same time serve Michelin food. Kind of impossible, or if possible, astronomically expensive.

So here is my idea: instead of everyone coming to me and trying to schedule their lives around me, I would come to them.  Let me explain.

I would start with doing what I want, which apparently makes me selfish: go somewhere remote without much planning, say I do and escape to my honeymoon. It would really be a small affair: immediate family only. Mothers & fathers, brothers & sisters, in-laws, and any nieces or nephews.
Then when we are back from our honeymoon, we would start our little tour and celebrate with our friends and family all over the globe.

Some parties might be larger than others depending on the city and our friend's availabilities, and every party could have something specific about the city. We could serve Cosmopolitans in NYC, Californian wine on the West Coast, Champagne in France, and of course Couscous in Tunisia. The only thing that every party would have in common would be the wedding cake. Because who doesn't want to have wedding cake five times?

Which travel themed cake you like best? 

And what do you say? Yay or Nay to a Traveling Bride and Groom?

EAT WELL, TRAVEL OFTEN, TAKE PICTURES 

SARA 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Trop Bon Trop Con

Girl's Trip Complications

About Selfies & Belfies