Paris By Mouth: COSY

I have learned the hard way that me and other people sometimes often have very different views of good food. And yes I will admit I have high standards. That's what happens when your father owns a restaurant with amazing food and you get to order anything you want all the time. You don't like any food. You like the good stuff. And yes I am a bit extreme. I will wait hours for food if it means I get to eat something really good.

So when I went to COSY for the first time, I did a little prayer in hopes that I was going to like the food because the chef in the kitchen is my friend and I didn't want to have to lie to him and tell him I loved his food if I didn't. 

But no need to lie to him or anyone else: the food was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C.


The menu is beautifully executed French cuisine, however, every dish had something particular about it that will make you remember it. 

Take the steak tartare for example: raw meat, mustard, tabasco, ketchup ... that's the usual recipe you will find at any bistro in Paris, but not at Cosy. At Cosy, Chef Ali Dey Daly  uses an incredible meat maturated for 4 months by Alexandre Polmard and adds only ginger. According to him, when the meat is that amazing, you don't want to drown it with spices. According to me, indeed it was the best tartare I have ever had. And every girl at the table with me agreed. 

Another example of how Dey Daly gave his own spin to a French food staple is the foie gras. If you have ever had foie gras, I could bet money that it was presented to you with sea salt and figue confiture. Those are the classical condiments. But at Cosy, prepare to be surprised. The foie gras comes with a super yummy green olive tapenade prepared by the chef himself. Excellent combination. 


I could go on and on about the other plates, but I am sure your mouth is watering by now, so stop reading and find a way to get yourself to 35 Rue Marbeuf. Take  my word. You won't be disappointed. 




               

Bon Appetit 

Live, Love, Laugh & Travel 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Trop Bon Trop Con

Dear Passengers (Part 2)