PRAGUE in 24 hours

When people told me I would love Prague, I believed them without really believing them. Let me explain. 

Being a flight attendant, I had already seen many countries all over the world. I wasn't blasé, but it did take a lot to impress me, so when I say that for every step I took forward, I wanted to take two steps back because it was so beautiful, trust me Prague is something else. 

I only had 24 hours to discover Prague, but us flight attendants can do more in 24 hours than some people will do in a week. 

I walked for hours and remembered to have lunch only because I walked through a market and couldn't resist the smell of roasted meat. Plus those swirly potatoes in the picture below looked to yummy to pass up. It was already 4 o'clock. 

 the market

But let's start at the beginning. I started out my own made up tour walking towards the Old Town Square and truly every little street was pretty and every building was beautiful. Once at the square, there were fantastic musicians, a horse carriage passing by and a beautiful church: the Church of Our Lady before Týn. I felt transported in time. 





                                 
Just a few steps away, I bought a ticket to access the Old Town Tower Hall. So worth it. Check out the aerial view I was able to enjoy: 




Also make sure you don't miss the Prague orlog, which I am not sure how you could miss it because it is massive, hence why it is called the astronomical clock. Be there on the hour, you won't regret it. 

I then made my way to the Prague Castle. Again fantastic, and of course there is a beautiful gothic church inside the premises called Saint Vitus cathedral. It is really a work of art, pretty much like all of Prague.
A fun way to see the city if you don't like to walk,
also pretty romantic to cuddle in a blanket while being driven around.


After leaving the Castle, I walked across the Charles's bridge and desperately tried to take a picture including me and the bridge - this was before the selfie area - but to no avail. Every picture taker I had stopped either cut off half my head or the actual view. 


Regardless of my failed picture, I only have good memories of my 24 hours in Prague. I truly can say I fell in love with Prague. 

Even the Mandarin Oriental Spa is prettier in Prague than it is in any other city, and being obsessed with spas, I have seen a few, but only in Prague is the spa built into an old monastery. Just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Check out one of the massage rooms: 

There is still a lot I want to see, but being that I decided that I want my future husband to propose in Prague, I am waiting for that moment to happen to continue my sightseeing  :-)  

Until next time we meet ... Live, Love, Laugh & Travel

Comments

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Trop Bon Trop Con

Dear Passengers (Part 2)