"I am taking a break from Facebook"


I am sure everone who read this post's title was thinking: “omg Sara is having a nervous meltdown. Something must have happened for her to NEED to disconnect from Facebook.”  

Rest assured this is not about me. I am not leaving Facebook, but even if I were, it wouldn't be because of a nervous meltdown. I would imagine that if I were having a nervous meltdown, I would be preoccupied with more important things than my Facebook account. 

So why this post? Because someone I know posted that on their Facebook wall and her friend’s reactions perplexed me a bit. 

Some pleading her to stay, to not disconnect, claiming they were going to miss her as if her leaving Facebook meant she was leaving the planet. Others making jokes about her not lasting more than a couple of hours, as if she was some sort of addict. And lastly a few were saying and I quote “this is probably a good idea.” Kind of rude, no? 

But it seems like being nice to each other on Facebook is something from the past. It seems “friends” love to get argumentative on each other’s walls, and I must admit I just don’t get it. When did everyone become so mean to each other on social media and why?



You know the old saying “Don’t say anything if you don’t have something nice to say.” Well let me add something else to that. If you must say something, there is a great tool called messenger where you can privately send a message to your friend. You can also call your friend to discuss any kind of disagreement PRIVATELY instead of going at it with hundreds of other people witnessing the argument and adding their two cents. Unless maybe you feed off the drama. In which case, maybe you should look into healthier hobbies, like yoga or rock climbing or reading a book. Also go get a life.

Ok rant over :-)

EAT WELL, TRAVEL OFTEN, TAKE PICTURES 

SARA 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Trop Bon Trop Con

Girl's Trip Complications

About Selfies & Belfies