Dear Passengers (Part 3)


A few months ago, a passenger kindly slammed an overhead bin on my hand, which resulted in 3 months off work for me. It was painful, and may I add very rude, but I looked at the bright side of the situation. The timing coincided with weddings I was planning to attend, I had been wanting to spend more time with my parents and I was going through a breakup. I was busy.

However, after all of that was done and over with, I did miss flying a bit. And then I worked one flight and I realized perhaps I didn't miss it so much -:) and here is why. 

" - Excuse me Miss, what's under my seat?
  - Your life-vest Mam. 
  - But I want to put my bag under my seat.
  - You can put it under the seat in front of you or in the overhead bin.
  - But I don't want to."

Me at loss of words, but not her: 

" - I wanted to stretch my legs in front of me.
  - I am sorry about that, but I can help you put it up in the overhead bin so you have more room for your legs in front of you.
  - I don't want it up there. I want it next to me."

Me again at a loss of words, but again not her: 

" - I don't understand why they would put it there, it is so inconvenient (now she is looking really upset)
  - I understand (really I don't) but it is ESSENTIAL ... You know ... to save your life in case of an emergency (big smile to try and relax the "situation")
- Well, it is VERY uncomfortable!
- Awkward silence. "

It was not because I was at a loss for words at that point, but my momma taught me to say nothing if I don't have something nice to say. Also I didn't really want to get fired on my first day back at work.


Until next time dear passengers .... 


EAT WELL, TRAVEL OFTEN, TAKE PICTURES 


SARA 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Dear Passengers (Part 2)

Trop Bon Trop Con