VISIT TUNISIA

When people see me, they see a white girl with green eyes and blonde hair. And even though I always say I am from Tunisia, people tend to not believe me. Need be, I do get my passport out and show them. That's how proud I am to be Tunisian.

In fairness to my mother, who did carry me for several months in her womb, I am also American. But being born and raised in Tunisia, I have always been closer to my dad's native country. I grew up with mossli, jelbena and couscous. My favorite pizza is Neptune Pizza, which is a pizza topped with canned tuna and black olives - sounds weird but I assure you it is delicious. And belly dancing is in my DNA. So yeah I love my mom and I live in the US at the moment but I have always felt more Tunisian than American. 

Regardless when 9/11 happened, I felt very American and I was very sad for my country and scared. 

Today I am sad again, sad for Tunisia, sad for the people who have died at the Bardo Museum --- and sad for my family and friends. I am also scared for the future of my country. 

But the same way people have not stopped visiting NEW YORK CITY, I am hopeful that people will not stop visiting TUNISIA. 

The same way NYC is still the city that never sleeps, Tunisia is still a beautiful country with hospitable people, pristine beaches and many more more attractions to offer such as the Roman amphitheater of El Djem, Sidi Bou Said, Carthage, the Sahara and many more. 

 
Djerba
 
El Djem
Sidi Bou Said
                                      

Don't let the terrorists win the battle. Don't let them dictate our lives & Don't let them define Tunisia. 

VISIT TUNISIA
I know I will next month :-)







 Check out the  Top Things To Do in TUNISIA  XOXO from a Proud Tunisian, and American, girl.

Until next time we meet ... Live, Love, Laugh & Travel 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Trop Bon Trop Con

Dear Passengers (Part 2)