About Selfies & Belfies

If you ask my boyfriend what is my biggest fault, he will probably answer my obsession with pictures. If you ask me, it's more of a passion, not an obsession, and it's a quality. But no surprise there, women and men, we usually don't agree about much, do we? 

However, we might agree about belfies. If you don't know what belfies are, rest assured I didn't know either until about 10 minutes ago when my best friend mentioned this new trend to me, and OMG, who came up with this? Probably Kim Kardashian, right? 

Well one article says yes ... and here is the latest belfie I could find of her ... Real classy, huh? 

But apparently another "lady" is the belfie inventor and belfie queen and her name is Jen Selter: 


Now first of all, Kim and everyone else out there, there is a reason Iphone invented the selfie mode: to get rid of the mirror. Mirrors are super lame. Sorry girlfriends if you are offended, but this is simply the truth. Taking "selfies" using the mirror reflection where the phone can be seen is lame. Just Don't. It might have been cool 5 years ago, but not anymore.  

And about the belfies, jut don't ... Mirror, no mirror, it's all super lame. 

I don't have anything against selfies. I think they are fun, especially if you are alone on vacation trying to capture a moment to send to friends and family. What other choice do you have anyways? 

One of my favorite selfies was in Indonesia last year: 


But trust me when I say that no friend or family member of yours needs or is interested in seeing a close up picture of your butt while you are posing in front of your bathroom mirror. 

And if you wonder how some of these shots were taken, look no further than the belfie stick.

And no this is not something I invented or a joke, and apparently it is even out of stock. What has happened to my generation? 
Until next time we meet ... Live, Love, Laugh & Travel ... et don't take Belfies

Comments

Most Read Articles

Joshua Tree: the perfect spot to DISCONNECT

Dear Passengers (Part 2)

Trop Bon Trop Con