The cabin of my dreams ( and yours too)


They say to really know someone, travel with them. It is sooooo true. Some people are all about planning every detail and booking luxury 5 star hotels months in advance. And some are all about last minute plans and adventure. 

I am not saying one is better than the other (obviously adventure is so much cooler.) But it is definitely important that you and your significant other are on the same page. 

My hubby and I are definitely Mr & Mrs flexible. Often enough, we have no idea where we are staying until we get there. Not only because I don’t like to plan ahead and my flight attendant schedule is crazy ... but I am always trying to find a unique experience, and that  is usually hard to find on Expedia or Hotwire.com, isn’t it? 

But when I saw Jessica and Sean’s red A-Frame cabin up in Big Bear, I had to book it. I couldn’t even wait to ask my husband for any input. I sent them a short message asking a few questions, they quickly replied with an offer that I just couldn’t refuse, and voila. I literally said “give me an hour to check with my husband” and 10 minutes later clicked “Book” without even trying to reach him. It was the cabin of my dreams. Literally. 



Log Cabin surrounded by big trees … Check
Bamboo Floors … Check 
Cozy Fireplace … Check
Vintage Vinyl Records … Check
Tree Trunks to hold our wine glasses (and his milk) … Check


Do I have to say anything else to convince you? I don’t think so … but here are a few photos out of the hundreds I took just in case you need an extra push. And yes I have more pictures of this cabin than I do of my own home. But don't judge. I just want to pretend it is mine. Plus I am planning on becoming best friends with Jessica and Sean  … Yes I am on a first name basis with my cabin hosts, don’t be jealous -:) 

My coat matched the cabin ... if that's not a sign, I don't know what is ...
it doesn't get any cuter?
Amazing sound system 
View from the top  
He loved it
He also loved starting his first fire 
I loved drinking wine next to the fire 
I also loved our room 
It was so hard to say goodbye ...

But because I am nice, here is the LINK so it can also be yours, for a sweet little escape in the wild. 

And just in case you are interested in hiking and snowboarding, Big Bear was the perfect little weekend road trip. Here are a few photos of Castle Rock trail and Snow Summit, which allows night snowboarding. 

A little confusing but we got there 
Picnic time
Starting a new trend: the half selfie 
'Cause what's better than drinks with a view? 
Night Snowboarding is my favorite 

Last but not least: for every night you book at their sweet home, Jessica and Sean donate $10 to The Big Bear Alpine Zoo, a rehabilitation facility for injured animals to help them get a second chance back in the wild. 

How C-O-O-L .... Right?

For more info about Kind Traveling and Giving Back to our beautiful Earth that gives us so much beautiful landscape and wildlife to enjoy, check out Kind Traveler.com. Do more than (just)Travel. And don't forget to respect nature.



EAT WELL, TRAVEL OFTEN, TAKE PICTURES 


SARA 

Comments

Most Read Articles

Trop Bon Trop Con

Girl's Trip Complications

About Selfies & Belfies